You are an internet user, and your portable computer has a WiFi capability? You’d like to take advantage of that capability all over the City?
Île Sans Fil lets you do that for free! You just have to visit one of the public places serviced by Ile Sans Fil (for the ones near you, see our Google Map at the top right of this page).
When you enter one of our hotspots, these are the steps to get online:
- Turn on the WiFi on your portable computer or Personal Digital Assistant
- Display the list of available WiFi connections
- Select the ÎSF signal (usually indicated as “www.ilesansfil.org”) and connect
- Now, open your Web browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, Epiphany…) Rather than seeing your usual homepage, you will be redirected to the ÎSF Login page (That’s our authpuppy software that does that)
- click the connect button and…
- You will see the Portal page for this hotspot, with the hotspot’s information, ÎSF news, and other neat location-based stuff.
- Now, you are online, and you can browse the Web or use other online applications like instant messaging, internet phone, etc.
Note : since october 2011, you do not need to create an account to access the service.
Our system recognize the MAC adress (sort of serial number of the device) to authentify the user
By using Ile Sans Fil to access the Internet, you agree to the conditions of service :
conditions of service
If you experience problems, please visit the FAQ
If you still have a problem, please contact us by using the form, the link is at the bottom of the FAQ page