COMMERCIAL MEMBER CONTRACT OF ADHESION TO THE ÎLE SANS FIL
This agreement is signed between
Île sans fil (hearafter referred to as ISF), a non-profit organisation
………………………………. (herafter referred to as the service provider)
Nature of the agreement
The subject of the present agreement is to allow the service provider to become a member
of the ISF network in order to offer its members or clients free wireless Internet access. This
agreement outlines the terms of this partnership. The present agreement does not constitute
a technical support contract.
- A monthly membership fee of $10.00 will be charged to the service provider to cover
ISF’s promotional and administrative costs. This fee is payable upon initial activation
and every twelve months. ISF will send an invoice of 120$ once a year for this membership fee.
- This fee will be reduced to $5.00 per month in the following cases: the service provider
is a non-profit organisation or the service provider owns more that one acess point. In
this case, the additional access points cost only $5 per month (60$ per year).
- All fees associated with the acquisition of equipment are the responsibility of the
- The equipment is the property of the service provider.
- The equipment may be provided by the client or by ISF for a fixed cost (in annex)
. Should the client provide the equipment, it must respect ISF’s specification
For example, the cost of equipment for a typical installation is approximately $140.00 and includes:
- A WiFi access point WiFi WRT54GL (discontinued) or all Ubiquiti material from
the “AirOs” range (Picostation/NanoStation M2, AirRouter, etc).
- 2 Ethernet cables.
- The service provider is solely responsible for acquiring and maintaining a high-speed
Internet connection. In particular, it must:
- Assume the monthly and installation fees.
- Ensure that its Internet contract allows connection sharing.
EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
- ISF is responsible for initial configuration of the necessary equipment in order to
provide the wireless access.
- The work is carried out by ISF’s employees and/or volunteers.
- The service provider will not hold ISF responsible for any damages or losses as a
result of the installation. If, for insurance or other reasons, ISF cannot carry out the
installation, it will carryout the work itself or hire a thrid-party to do it.
- No fees will be charged to the service provider for this service unless the installation
required additional work (cable installation, wall penetration, exterior installation, etc.)
Fees may be charged to the service provided for labour. These fees must be agreed
upon upon signing and will be detailed in the annex.
Availability and free-of-charge service offered to users
- ISF will ensure that signing up for access to its HotSpot network remains free.
- The service provider will ensure that the service installed and supported by ISF is provided free-of-charge to its members or clients.
- The service provider may manage its establishment as its wishes, and thus impose
conditions upon its clients (right of entry, obligation to buy, maximum usage time, etc.)
However, it may not impose conditions that apply solely to ISF users and not to all
- It may not under any circumstances sell portal space.
- Cultural events are not considered to be commercial events for the purposes of this
- The portal must remain active for the duration of the contract.
- All advertising or other commercial displays associated with third-parties must be
ISF manages system access using a system called Captive Portal. This is an essential
part of the ISF project. It is a community development resource, and is an extremely useful
distribution instrument for service providers. ISF may make certain resources available to the
service provider to present content to its clients, in which case the service provider agrees to
respect the following rules:
Advertising: The service provider may, if it wishes, use its part of the portal to promote
its products or services. However:
- A provider of products or services sold by the service provider.
- The sponsor of a one-time event
Offers and Promotions
- ISF reserves the right to mention that the service provider hosts one of its wireless
access points in all advertising campaigns, media interviews as well as on its website.
- ISF will provide the service provider with promotional material indicating the presence
of a free, wireless access point. The decision to post this material in its windows or
establishment remains at the discretion of the service provider. However, the service
provider agrees to at least affix a post card sized sticker in its entryway.
- If he wishes, the service provider may indicate that it is a member of the ISF network
and use the ISF logo it its advertising campaigns. In doing so, he must respect the ISF
Offers and Promotions
- No labour fees will be charged to the service provider.
- In the event of damages to the equipment not covered by warranty, replacement costs
are the responsibility of the service provider.
- ISF agress to act as quickly as possible, typically within 48 hours.
- The service provider agrees to facilitate access to equipment in the event of material
damages or if ISF must carry out maintenance work.>
- The service provider agrees to inform ISF as soon as possible of any change in its
network that may affect service. This includes temporary disconnection, change in
Internet Service Provider, equipment relocation, router connection, third-party work,
ISF will ensure repair and maintenance in the event of service problems.
To inform us of service problems, please send an email to “tech @ ilesansfil.org”.
- Neither Île Sans Fil nor the service provider guarantee the availability or the quality of
the service offered.
Duration and Renewal
- The duration of the present agreement is one year.
- The agreement is automatically renewed unless indicated by one of the parties.
Ending the Agreement
- Either party may end the agreement without penalty by informing the other party in
- ISF will not adjust equipment that is the property of the service provider, but will modify
the ISF network parameters.
- All other equipement must be returned to ISF.
- Upon terminating the agreement, the service provider may not under any
circumstances claim membership in or be associated with the Île Sans Fil network.
- The membership fees are not reimbursible.